Adding a texting action allows users to easily send a text from the app with a single tap. Texting can be added to an Item with the Text Message draggable, which allows you to determine the number where the message is sent and even specify a pre-populated message.
1. Select the Text Message draggable from the Draggables Panel:
This draggable can be added by itself to an item or can be added to an item with other properties.
2. Add the Phone Number:
Enter the phone number with the area code for the recipient.
3. Add the Label:
The label provides instruction for the app user on what will happen when they tap on the action in the app.
4. Add the Message (if applicable):
If you have a pre-populated message to send, add it to the Preset Message field.
5. Rename the header label and change the icon:
If you want to rename the colored header label and change the action icon for the Text Message property, you can adjust both by double clicking on the orange icon to the left of the Text Message property. This will allow you to change the Icon Value and Label.
Things to remember:
- Texting allows your users to engage even more with your organization and your app. Use the Text Message Draggable for Giving, or if you want quick feedback from users.
- Use the Label field to give users instructions on how to use this feature.
- The Preset Message field is optional. Don't feel pressured to use it if you think it's unnecessary.
- Feel free to change the Icon so that it is more relevant to the purpose of your text functionality. You can use a chat bubble, a smartphone, and more!