Items can have Actions that allow you to customize your Item:
You may add 1-3 Actions to any item and the Action Bar will automatically adjust the layout of your item.
- Items without Actions will hide the Action Bar.
Any Property (besides text fields) can be made into an action. This is because the Properties can be acted upon, such as Phone, Email, Share, etc.
Actions are unique for each item and can use any icon available in our Icon Library, so feel free to be creative and customize your items Actions to meet your goals.
How do I use the Action Bar?
1. Locate the item you’d like to edit:
In the content section of the Mobile App Studio, locate the items you'd like to edit. Click the Icon to expand the item. Look for the lightening bolt icon—this is the Action Bar.
2. Select an Action:
Click the arrow and select a property from the list.
You can add up to 3 Actions for each Item. Actions are automatically centered in your app layout. Adding 2 or 3 actions will adjust the layout to center the buttons. Adding more Actions will also adjust the size of the Action labels available.
To move an Action in the layout, first remove it from it's current action position. Once removed, you can now add it to another location (for example from the left action to the center action).
3. Customize an Action:
Update Property Labels to customize your Action text. Double click the property icon and edit the text in the label. You may also change the icon value and replace it with any image from the Icon Library.
4. Check your text in the Preview:
When adding 2 or 3 Actions, keep in mind that the space available for your label text will be shorter.
5. Consider hiding a property to customize your layout:
You may also customize and hide a property. Click the checkbox on the Action Bar, or when double-clicking and editing the details of a property.
This is useful for showing a property as the Action Bar only. Hiding properties can give your app a very clean look, while still allowing full features and Actions for your users.
Things to remember:
- Not seeing the Action you’d like to add? Make sure to create your property first.
- Each Item can have up to three Action Bar Properties. However, with each added Property, there is less space for each action title. When customizing your Labels, use the App Preview to see if it fits well.
- To reduce redundant information, click the "Hide Property Row" checkbox. That way, if it appears in the Action Bar, it won't also appear below.
- For more Action Bar Best Practices, click here.