When creating and editing Items in the Mobile App Studio, you have many options to customize the layout. The following are 4 layout options to consider when creating your app.
This layout is very straightforward and works for many types of items. This is also recommended for all items that do not include an image.
Text layout is great for items such as:
- About Us / Contact Us
- Giving or Donation Items
- Sermons without an Image
- Destinations without an Image
The Square Image layout includes an Item Image & Title (and Subtitle if selected). This layout is great for images that do not need the full width, or are easily recognizable at a smaller size.
Here are a few examples of items and directories that work well with the Square Image layout:
- Staff Directories
- Location Directories
- Vendor or Sponsor Directories
16 x 9 Layout:
The 16 x 9 layout goes across the top of the page, with the name of the item over it. This layout is useful when the image is a panoramic view or a stock photo.
Web View Layout:
Web view layout was created for displaying a mobile website, right inside your app.
The Item Title will appear at the top of the page, followed by a mobile site window. This view is great for showing website info in your app such as:
- Social Media profiles (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more)
- Your website
- Vendor or partner websites
Note: Due to Apple requirements donation / online giving pages (or sites that contain a link to these pages) will need to be opened in an external web view (opening outside of your app). Please follow these directions for external webviews.
Things to remember:
- Choose a layout that is complementary to your content. For example, the Square Layout is much better for a staff directory than a 16 x 9 layout.
- Be consistent. All items in the same container should have the same format to give it a crisp, uniform look.
- If you have questions about what kind of layout to use, ask your CSM. They are a great resource and have coached many other clients on what layouts are best for your app.