Duplicate is a feature of the Pocket to help edit and create your app in the Mobile App Studio.
When should I use Duplicate?
Do you need to create a lot of items in your app? Do your items share very similar properties and data? Duplicate creates exact copies of your items to help speed up app creation.
What does Duplicate do?
Duplicate creates an exact copy of your original item. This includes:
- The Item Image
- Item layout
- All property data, location, icons, and labels
How do I use Duplicate?
In the content section of the Mobile App Studio, locate the item you'd like to Duplicate.
1. Click Pocket in the left sidebar.
The Pocket is located on the left of your Mobile App Studio, next to the Draggables Panel.
2. Locate the Item you'd like to Duplicate:
Click and drag the item into the Pocket. Your item will show in the lower section of the Pocket. Items appear in the order added to Pocket.
3. In the content area, navigate to the container where you'd like to Duplicate your item(s):
Drag the green Duplicate button into the content area. Your new items will now show in the content area. Edit your new items and update any data you'd like to change.
Things to remember:
- The Duplicate function of the Pocket copies data such as image, layout, and all property data. If you would like to keep the layout but not the data, consider using the Base function instead. Learn more about the Base function of the Pocket here.
- New duplicate items will have an updated title of Original Title (Copy). This helps you find and edit items.
- You can duplicate multiple items at once. We recommend duplicating items one at a time to avoid confusion.