We can use an iCal feed to automatically bring events from a Microsoft Exchange calendar to the app. The iCal feed will update nightly to check for any new events or changes to events.
iCal feeds may not be included in all packages. Be sure to talk with your CSM to see what is included in your package.
1. In Exchange, right click on the calendar you want to share:
Next, click on the "Share" option. Then, choose the option to "Publish This Calendar."
2. Configure the data for the feed:
Publishing Detail: Publishing detail will determine how much information is available in the feed. We recommend selecting Limited Details or Full Details. Limited Details will share event name and date and time. Full Details will share event name, date and time, description, and location.
Publish My Calendar: This determines how far in the past and how far in the future you want events to show. In the Bluebridge app, we only show today's events and future events, so past events will not display in the app.
Access Level: You can determine if you want the link to be publicly accessible or restricted.
3. Click "Start Publishing":
Copy the link from the field "Link for subscribing to this calendar:"
This is the link we will use in the app.
4. Send the link:
If you are in the implementation stage of your app, send the link to your CSM so that it may be embedded in your app. If you have launched, send it to email@example.com.
Things to remember:
- iCal feeds are not in all packages. Contact your CSM to see if your package includes iCal feeds or if you would like to add them.
- Microsoft Exchange is a third party. Bluebridge does not have access within the site, so our ability to troubleshoot Microsoft issues are very low.
- Email your CSM or firstname.lastname@example.org with your completed link for it to be embedded in the app.