Once you have completed the creation your app in the Mobile App Studio, it is sent for approval by iTunes and Google Play. After approval we release you app and you have the opportunity to see it on your device before announcing it to your audience.
This is the time to test the app with a few key members of the organization before distribution. We recommend keeping this group small. Typically the members that have worked in purchasing or contributing to the content of your app.
Invite this group of people to download the app, look over the content, and then solicit any feedback they may have. Chances are, things that may have seemed great in the Mobile App Studio might not look the same on your device. This gives you the opportunity to make changes before promoting the app to the rest of your audience.
How long should it last?
We recommend allowing 1-2 weeks for soft launch. This is enough time to test the functionality of the app, as well as make substantial content changes if necessary.
Note: When you make content changes in the MAS, click "Make it Live" to see the changes applied to the app on your device.
What should I do during a Soft Launch?
- Test your download communications. Decide when and how you'll deliver the app link and password info to employees. It can be distributed through SMS messaging or email.
- Review minimum specs for installation of your app: Bluebridge supports as far back as iOS 8 and Android version 4.1
- If you don't have a public launch date yet, pick one and plan something fun to get users excited about the app!
- Try sending a push notification. These can be deleted from the MAS and will not show up on users' phones.
- Create marketing materials: do a marketing campaign or create an app promo video.