What is a single image landing page?
Instead of each container having a distinct image, you can use one tall portrait image to create a beautiful, seamless image that is the first thing users see when the app is launched. Follow these steps to create a single image page for your app:
1. Find a vertical "portrait" image:
2. Cut it into sections to match your structure:
We recommend using a website like ImageSplitter. ImageSplitter is a 3rd party software, but we have seen many customers use it successfully to perform this action.
3. Change the Width and Height of the image:
In the "Convert and Resize tab", change the width to 1024 pixels and the height to 422 pixels. This will give you an image optimized for the 16 x 9 container layout in the MAS.
4. Split the image:
In the "Split Image" tab, change the rows to five and the columns to one. Choosing five rows ensures your image will span the screen of most device sizes. Click the "Split Image" button to download a zip folder onto your computer with the five images cuts.
5. Brand photos further if deemed necessary:
Many of our customers like to take the split image landing page a step further by adding their own graphics or text over top. This allows you to toggle the labels off and let your images display titles themselves. Save finalized image as a JPEG or PNG and upload to the correct area of the MAS.
Things to remember:
- You can split tall portrait images to create one large photo on your app.
- Use ImageSplitter to resize and cut your image.
- Image dimensions should be 1024x422 at 72 dpi.